It is quickly becoming known that a high quality Vitamin E tocotrienols supplement such as Kyani Sunset will dramatically affect your experience of wellness.
Below are some of these benefits – (Original source – http://www.tocotrienol.org/health-benefits.html)
- Inhibit cholesterol production in the liver, thereby lowering total blood cholesterol.
- Alpha tocotrienol suppresses hepatic HMG-CoA reductase activity that results in the lowering of LDL cholesterol levels.
- Tocotrienols which are naturally occurring in palm oil, have been shown to suppress / lower plasma cholesterol in human.
- Combination of gamma-tocotrienol and alpha-tocopherol is found as a potential hypolipemic agent in hyperlipemic humans at atherogenic risk.
- Tocotrienols inhibit cholesterogenesis by suppressing HMG-CoA reductase.
Reversing Carotid Atherosclerosis
- Reverses arterial blockage (carotid atherosclerosis), hence reducing the risk factors for cardio-vascular diseases such as atherosclerosis and stroke.
- Medical human research showed that patients with confirmed carotid atherosclerosis, who consumed 240mg of tocotrienol complex per day for 18-36 months had a decrease in the amount of cholesterol plaque in their carotid artery while those receiving placebo did not show such an effect.
- Tocotrienol complex protects the ApoE knockout mice against cholesterol build-up and hence prevent arteriosclerosis.
Protection Against Ischemia/Reperfusion Heart Injury
- Medical study suggests that tocotrienols were more efficient than alpha-tocopherol alone in the protection of the heart against oxidative stress induced by ischemic reperfusion.
Inhibit of Platelet Aggregation
- Delta-tocotrienol was significantly more potent than the alpha and gamma-tocotrienols, in the inhibition of platelet aggregation.
- Tocotrienols may serve as an antithrombotic agent by decreasing platelet aggregation significantly.
- Based on on-going NIH-funded study and in collaboration with the Ohio State University Medical Center – Prof. Chandan Sen has published 5 peer-reviewed papers which proved that alpha-tocotrienol is the most potent in preventing stroke-induced injuries to the brain.
Anti-cancer and Tumour Suppresive
- Tocotrienols had shown to inhibit human breast cancer cells irrespective of estrogen receptor status. Tocopherol has no effect at all on human breast cancer cells.
- Delta – tocotrienol was found to be the most effective tocotrienols in inducing apoptosis (cell death) in estrogen-responsive and estrogen-nonresponsive human breast cancer cells.
- Confer anti-cancer properties.
- Inhibit tumor growth of certain cancers.
- Alpha-tocotrienol and gamma-tocotrienol have shown to prolong the life span of cancer-infected mice.
- Gamma-tocotrienol is 3 times more potent in inhibiting growth of human breast cancer cultured cells than Tamoxifen.
- Published research from the East Tennessee University and MD Anderson Cancer Center (Texas) revealed that gamma-tocotrienol was the most potent in inhibiting prostate cancer cells.
Potent Natural Super – Antioxidant
- Alpha-tocotrienol has been shown to be 40 – 60 times more potent than alpha-tocopherol as an antioxidant in the prevention of lipid peroxidation.
- Effective antioxidant in the prevention of protein oxidation and lipid peroxidation after strenous exercise for athletes, joggers and body builders.
Anti – Aging / Cosmetics and Personal Care
- Preferentially accumulates at the stratum corneum of the skin. First line of defense against free radicals generated in the skin by UV/ozone rays. Prevention of skin aging and damage by oxidative rays. Being a more potent antioxidant, the tocotrienols neutralizes free radicals at a faster rate and hence protect tocopherols.
- Protection against UV-induced skin damage and skin aging.
- Tocotrienols topically applied onto the skin was found to penetrate rapidly through the skin and the highest concentrations are found in the uppermost 5 microns.
- Tocotrienol-treated skin contained Vitamin E at concentration 7-30 fold higher than control values.
- Tocotrienol augments the efficacy of sunscreens containing compounds that reduce penetration of or absorb ultraviolet radiation.
Lower Blood Pressure
- Palm gamma-tocotrienol has ability to prevent development of increased blood pressure in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats (SHR) after 3 months supplementation.